Changing default password of account on 192.168.1.254/

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

I was wondering if there was any way of changing the default password of the modem when you go on the http://192.168.1.254/ site. If you forget your password, all you simply need to do is enter the default password listed on the modem and you can change the password again. I was wondering if there was a way to change the default password so that I will be the only one to know it and i will be the only one who can change the password. Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Default password is hard coded and cannot be changed. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

You need a way to "rescue" the device if everyone forgets the password.  Hardware reset needs to default back to the password on the label.

Highlighted
Resident
i need reset my password. modem model:t3200m
dont know exactly where to get default password
theres no sticker on my modem that tells default password
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

On the T3200 the sticker is on the same side of the modem that the Internet and Wifi lights are located on. It's a fairly large sticker. I'm staring at the sticker on my T3200 and it's in that corner, so your modem should have a sticker in the same location.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Helpful Neighbour

as nighthawk replied, the sticker on your model modem is quite large and visible. if it's not there, it may have been taken off for a reason. for example, a tech savvy youth might need it to gain access but smart parents would've had it taken off. since the default password is hard coded into the modem you cannot change it. you can call telus but they can't even change it. my own kid tried this. now, if he doesn't want to respect the time restrictions i've placed and he resets it, he locks himself out and i just take my time before giving him a new password.

Highlighted
Resident

Most often, people at home or the workplaces make use of the routers and modems with an IP address as 192.168.1.1. In some cases, this IP address code doesn’t work. 192.168.1.254 allows the users to access the default IP address settings. This will eventually fix the default Router IP address issue