cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot upload images to facebook while hard wired only

PeskyPete
Neighbour

Just got Telus Internet25. All computers/devices, wireless & wired working fine, but the only thing I can't do is upload images to facebook on one windows 7 PC.

This only occurs on one computer (I have 4 in total on the home network) , and only when wired. If I connect wirelessly, it works.

Things I've tried without success:

Rolled back windows,. Tried in safe mode with networking.Tried with Chrome & IE. Connected directly to different ports on the router. Used another, different brand network adapter. Reset the router. Cycled the power on the unit that the fiber comes in on.

All windows drivers & updates are up to date.

I just get a partial loading bar and then a message that says it failed.

Switch over to my wireless adapter, no problems.

Speed test shows perfect up/down speeds. I've logged on to this same FB account on a different, wired PC and uploaded no problem. Did not have this problem on the previous Shaw network.

Stumped

7 REPLIES 7

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If it's only one computer that's effected, the modem / router will be working correctly. This will not be an internet connection issue. It'll be specifically with that one PC. It shouldn't matter if wired or wireless, it should work.  I can't think of anything that would prevent your wireless connection from working right on a specific site, for a specific funtion on that site.  One possibility may be you have a firewall that's misconfigured for the wireless adapter or maybe that adapter has custom DNS settings on it.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

PeskyPete
Neighbour

Wireless is working properly - it's wired that has this problem.

I have tried two different wired adapters. Also, no changes were made to the PC except it is now connected to the Telus modem/router and not the Shaw setup.

Problem must be related to the Telus equipment.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I can't see how. If it was the Telus equipment, every device you have would be affected. There is nothing that's related to the modem/router/Telus that would prevent you from using one feature on a specific website, especially if that website is still loading.  

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

PeskyPete
Neighbour

Like I said, I did not have this problem with this PC hard wired into my Asus router and Shaw Modem.

I will check to see if I can upload photos to another site, when I get home. It's a strange problem...

I will probably be getting the router swapped out, as everything points to this.

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Have you tried a different browser on that problem machine?

PeskyPete
Neighbour

Yes, see OP

I am having the same trouble with one computer.  I can't actually upload at all to any of the sites such as facebook or flickr with images.  One computer only.  I have hard wired direct from one of the telus modems directly to the computer.  Wireless works fine.