Cannot 'see' web server device

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Neighbour

Since upgrading to Pure Fibre Optik Internet 150, no computer on my home network can 'see' my CyberQ webserver device.

It shows up on my Telus router (T3200M) as a logged on device, but when I try to access the IP address with any browser, it times out and states that the address I'm looking for cannot be found...... BUT IT'S RIGHT THERE!!!!

Any help or suggestions?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

An inexpensive D-link (model 842), set on a separate subnet from the T3200M. The T3200M is not bridged, though it could be, if you wanted. You could use any router of your choosing.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Were you using your own router previously?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. πŸ™‚
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Using the T3200M, a number of my devices could not see others on the network. I particularly had troubles with iOS devices communicating anywhere but to the internet. No AirPrint, no Home Sharing of my media files, etc. Adding my own router to the network fixed things for the most part.

NFtoBC
Highlighted
Ambassador

@NFtoBC wrote:

Using the T3200M, a number of my devices could not see others on the network. I particularly had troubles with iOS devices communicating anywhere but to the internet. No AirPrint, no Home Sharing of my media files, etc. Adding my own router to the network fixed things for the most part.

Just curious, what router are you using?

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

An inexpensive D-link (model 842), set on a separate subnet from the T3200M. The T3200M is not bridged, though it could be, if you wanted. You could use any router of your choosing.

NFtoBC

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Ambassador

^Thanks.

Highlighted
Neighbour

No, same router. But now has a Fibre optic modem(?) before it. a few changes made by the technician that I didn't notice until weeks later when I tried to use my CyberQ.

• The CyberQ does indicate that it is logged onto the Network.
  • The Router Does show it as logged on and active.
  • Not a single thing can see it though..... this is the only noticeable change.
Highlighted
Neighbour

But you had to ADD it as opposed to REPLACE the router correct?

I was warned by the Telus Tech that a second Router could cause other grief on my home network. Did you experience any issues or conflicts? Do you run ALL, SOME or OTHER of your wireless connections exclusively from your personal router now?

Highlighted
Neighbour

A Little concerned about conflicts but at this point willing to try anything. Is there any problem setting up the 2nd router? Does it use the standard 192.168.1.1 (or other standard) access IP or is it unique due to it being a subnet?

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you don't have Optik TV, you can plug your own router in to the ONT. 

I also have the T3200M and my own DLink router. I changed the subnet on my Dlink to be different than the 192.168.1.x. My 3200M isn't bridged either and basically all my stuff runs off the Dlink except the Optik box. I am able to remotely access my Philips Hue Bridge and smart lock remotely and they're both on the Dlink, though they aren't quite the same as a server. If the CyberQ is smart enough, it may work.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. πŸ™‚