Can the VIP5662W be set up wirelessly?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Amplifier
Resident

My VIP5662W is currently co-located with my Telus modem and connected with an ethernet jumper. I have to relocate the modem and I won't be able to wire between the new modem location and the existing VIP5662W, which is staying put.

Arris literature says this is doable, does anyone know how?

Any and all help appreciated.

Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

You never mentioned what modem/router you are currently using. Providing you have the proper Telus equipment (modem or access point) the instructions are easy to follow. Please select the proper instructions for your particular installation. https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/optik-tv-self-install

HD Optik Self-Install Kit 1 (HD wireless digital box with wireless access point)

HD Optik Self-Install Kit 2 (HD wireless digital box)

4K Optik Self-Install Kit (4K wireless digital box)

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Community Power User
Community Power User

This document suggests you just need to follow the prompts on the TV screen.

You need either a Telus T3200M gateway, or a T1200H / T2200H gateway & Telus supplied Access Point (VEN501) from what I can gather in order to set the Arris unit up wirelessly.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Amplifier
Resident

Westcoaster and NFtoBC, thank you for the info. I'm going to try this out and I'll reply again.