Call Forwarding

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Gecko
Connector

How do I turn on call forwarding from my home phone to my mobile device?

Koalas
Good Samaritan

Hi!

Here's what you can do to set up call forwarding from home phone to  your mobile phone:

1. Dial 310-8682.
  2. Enter your area code and phone number, then press # (only if away from home).
  3. Enter your password, then press #.
  4. From the Main Menu, press 1 for Advanced Call Forwarding.
  5. Press 1 to turn the service on. Press 2 to turn it off. Enter the number (ex. your mobile number) where you can be reached, exactly as you would dial it:
    • For local numbers, enter the 7 or 10 digit number.
    • For long distance numbers, enter 1 + area code + 7 digit number.
    • For international numbers, enter 011 + country code + routing code + 7 digit number.

Hope that helps!

gerryb
Neighbour

what if i dont have a password/

Koalas
Good Samaritan

Temporary password is usually the 10 digit telephone number. Then you should update it to a new 6 to 10 digit password as soon as possible.

gerryb
Neighbour

I tried that, does not work. I called the 310-8682 number and tried but still no go. I did post another thread yesterday:

How can I activate call forwarding to my mobile phone if I am not at home? I found something called "Advanced Call Forwarding" but it appears that this feature is no longer available. Surely this cant be right. I followed the instructions but I dont get the message to create a password.

I need to be able to do this on those days when I forget to forward (*72) before I leave the house.