cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COMMERCIAL PLAYS DURING FINAL OUT OF WORLD SERIES!! RUINED MOMENT I WAS WAITING FOR SINCE CHILDHOOD

Cubbie
Neighbour

Waited my whole life to see the CUBS win at Wrigley and at the LAST OUT- it cut to a COMMERCIAL!!!! Never saw the end. When it came back the game was OVER!!!  WHO DID THAT!!! Was watching with my 92 YR. OLD father.  RUINED that moment for life.  A once in 71 year moment...RUINED.  I want answers!

9 REPLIES 9

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
The station you watched the game on cut to commercial. Sadly mistakes happen, but has absolutely nothing to do with Telus.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.

Thanks...so the culprit was FOX KCPQ out of Washington state.  I'll be contacting them tomorrow!

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
I heard a 30 second commercial was worth $544,000 during the World Series. Chances are it will fall on deaf ears. Since Fox KCPQ is just an affiliate station, not really their fault either.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.

WHO DO I CONTACT?  AM MORE THAN WILLING TO DROP TELUS AND FIND A MORE RELIABLE WAY OF WATCHING MLB.  THEY MUST SHARE THE BLAME FOR CONTRACTING WITH THAT 2 BIT STATION.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
This has absolutely Nothing to do with Telus. Not sure why you keep trying to put partial blame on them. Go after FOX as it's their station. They control what stations cut to commercials when, and air those paid advertisements.

URGE TELUS TO DROP KCPQ or lose customers!

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Get time shift and watch the other affiliate 😉That being said I am sure the station got many complaints. Did they learn their lesson we will see. Plenty of channels showing the game besides fox.

There is a whole reddit post about it. It was the station. Nothing to do with Telus. Don't blame them.
https://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/comments/5adabr/seattle_fox_affiliate_misses_final_out_of_world/

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The network feed would have had gaps set to accommodate ads by all the affiliates. It was the initial broadcast team at the playing field who made the ad break, not the local station - they just inserted their ad at the appointed time.

If seeing the final out of a World Series game while the Cubs were playing to be the sole peak of a 71 year life span, I truly feel sorry for you. I would consider many achievements as my children or grandchildren grow, personal achievements, and the graceful and healthy aging of my parents as far greater milestones. You can see the catch in replays and highlights. The family stuff may be recorded only in your memory.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"