Bundle Discounts

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

VinceM
Resident

In a time when technology and communication are becoming increasingly affordable and reliable, you somehow enticed me to continue using your services by offering me bundle discounts. On January 1, 2017, you announced the reduction of these discounts from $5.00 to $3.00 per service. Well shame on you Telus! I have been a loyal customer of yours and its preceding companies for 43 years, and now you are going to nickel and dime us by chopping away ay these discounts. Are you going to take away the free television or computer from those customers when their contract ends too? Furthermore you continue to advertise the $5.00 discount on you web site. Maybe it’s time to become the responsible and respected company you once were!

Accepted Solutions
Most Helpful
WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@VinceM   While rate increases seem to happen yearly on all providers. Losing $2 a month bundle discount seems like a fair amount, it's better then big increases. While internet is more reliable and affordable, you have to keep in mind the actual infrastructure is fairly old and needs to be upgraded to keep up with customer demands. This is why you see Telus doing an aggressive roll out of Fibre to prepare for the inevitable future demands.

At the end of the day Telus still offers the best variety and choice for the money, sure i lose a portion of a discount. But it's better then big increases at the competition.  As for the bundle discount still being shown on the website that offer is still valid for customers you can read more about it here

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Most Helpful
WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@VinceM   While rate increases seem to happen yearly on all providers. Losing $2 a month bundle discount seems like a fair amount, it's better then big increases. While internet is more reliable and affordable, you have to keep in mind the actual infrastructure is fairly old and needs to be upgraded to keep up with customer demands. This is why you see Telus doing an aggressive roll out of Fibre to prepare for the inevitable future demands.

At the end of the day Telus still offers the best variety and choice for the money, sure i lose a portion of a discount. But it's better then big increases at the competition.  As for the bundle discount still being shown on the website that offer is still valid for customers you can read more about it here

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

Luis1
Resident

I'm looking for the best plan for my parents home .....tv,Internet and phone......

im changing to your company today after 15 years with shaw.....they didn't treat well their customers.....

what can you offer to us????

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can check out the options at Telus.com, and see which choices best meet your needs.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

@Luis1 wrote:

I'm looking for the best plan for my parents home .....tv,Internet and phone......

im changing to your company today after 15 years with shaw.....they didn't treat well their customers.....

what can you offer to us????

I was with Shaw for 40 years before switching over.  Things that Telus can offer....

• 4K programming, especially if they enjoy TSN sports.
  • wireless 1080 cable boxes.... you can move your TV's from room to room where it only needs a 120v outlet.

If you have a Telus mobile phone.... you can get an additional bundling perk.

Bryan_foster
Resident
Come on! I agreed to honour a two year contract term; Telus should respect their existing customers and do the same. I' m not surprised by their tactic, but they better do damage control or they'll lose money when customers 'downsize' in order to save money, or worse yet for them, when customers choose NOT to renew their contracts!!!!
Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

No internet / TV provider I'm aware of in Canada currently has a guarantee that prices won't increase as part of their contracts outside of the initial promotion for the first few months. This is by far not a new thing.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Irishgranny
Ambassador

So....now that we're going to be losing our bundle discount, will the NEW loyalty plan that is supposed to be implemented apply to ALL long-term customers or are we missing out on that as well ?

kruisey
Advisor

I myself personally have 4 services with Telus so with the bundle discount discontinued I have a big increase in my monthly bill.

That the Company over extended itself by the new lavish buildings and luxury offices is not their clients problem it is of their own making so why take it out of their customers when they find they need funds for their upgrades to fiber optic ? Many of us are on limited budgets already.