Boost wifi and 2.4 ghz devices

Highlighted
Ambassador

I guess if some of your friends are on the seedy side the guest account would be a good idea!  πŸ˜„

Highlighted
Guardian

@Fisherguy wrote:

I guess if some of your friends are on the seedy side the guest account would be a good idea!  πŸ˜„

LOL, yeah.

By the same token there's no need for guest WiFi if you don't have any friends at all.  Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Connector

I want to get htis steraight. I have the Telus Boost install and according to the Telus serviceman, this is the wifi ssid that I should be connecting to and not the main TelusXXXX. The signal strength is very strong, yet I have device dropping left right and center. To this point, I have the Smartsteering enable. Yet the devices that seem to drop, seem to connect and stay connected better on the main TelusXXXX ssid.

I'm baffled. Telus has replaced two routers in the past year and yet problems still persist. 

Would the actual modem play any part?

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

I have same thing happen to me with some devices that are connected to the Boost. They drop randomly and then reconnect. But its only some devices. I know its not the router, but it's Boost as i can connect to the modem wifi just fine. 

Telus isn't of much help - the reps don't know much at all.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Short term Wi-Fi drops of a few seconds happened to me routinely with Boost connected to the T3200M. It does not with the new Wi-Fi Hub.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Connector

Which exact WiFi hub is this?

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Powderjockey 

This device

NFtoBC
Highlighted
Connector
Can we order it from Telus or call and have the T3200 changed out?
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

I suggest calling Telus, explaining the issues you currently have, presenting the contents of this thread, and requesting an update.

NFtoBC