cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boost and using GoToMeeting

Punny604
Just Moved In

Hi everyone,

The signal strength on the extender in my home office is showing as excellent and I have my laptop connected to it via ethernet cable. It works fine for regular internet except when it comes to using GoToMeeting for conferences the extender is not that dependable. The signal would drop unexpectedly and my GoToMeeting tells me that the internet signal is lost and will disconnect if the connection is not restored in 5 minutes, causing me to sweat while my clients patiently wait. When I started using GoToMeeting initially, I used wifi only but the signal kept dropping. 

As an experiment, I bought a 100' ethernet cable to connect to the laptop to see if it is the Actiontec or the extenders. I did another GoToMeeting and the signal was perfect. This makes me think that the extenders are not what its all cracked up to be for home office use.

Just wondering if anyone else has run into this kind of issue and if so, what did you do to get around it?

1 REPLY 1

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I see very short drops when using the Boost Wi-Fi devices. I get a ‘Cellular Data is turned off’ error on my iPad, but no noticeable disruption in what we are doing, likely due to buffering.

I’ve no solution, though, other than what you’ve already discovered. Just about every device I can hardwire, is Ethernet connected.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"