Bonded internet 100 questions

SOLVED
Connector

Bonded internet 100 questions

So Telus is coming this Monday to upgrade to internet 100 using the bonded lines. (uses two phone lines to at 50mbps to get 100mbps)

What I would like to know is do houses usually have two phone lines in the house? Or does the installer have to run another phone line into the house?

My house is about 15-20 years old.

Thanks.
0 Likes
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Power User

Most houses newer than about 50 years ago are wired with 4 conductor (red, green, yellow, black), so there are already two pairs coming to your house. Unless there is a problem with one of the conductors, there would be no need to run additional cables.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Thoughts....

• if the wiring into the home is too old and unreliable.... they will run new wiring.
  • what's the price difference between 100mbps and PureFibre each month?
    -If the price is minimal.... I strongly recommend going straight to PureFibre if it's available in your area.  Love the 150Mbps upload.
    -If you plan to upgrade from the next speed up from 100Mbps... you will be going to PureFibre anyways.  Going to PureFibre now skips another installation visit.  The added speed now helps when others in the home are also busy on the Internet.
    -did you hear that PureFibre offers 250Mbps in some areas?
    -Here's a vid on PureFibre installation as a comparison.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mI-hvvq6bE
Introducing TELUS Fibre. Learn more at http://telus.com/fibre

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately fibre is not available in my area right now so this is why Telus offered internet 100 instead.
0 Likes
Community Power User

Most houses newer than about 50 years ago are wired with 4 conductor (red, green, yellow, black), so there are already two pairs coming to your house. Unless there is a problem with one of the conductors, there would be no need to run additional cables.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

Thanks.
0 Likes