Blocking Rogers?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Ambassador

Greetings,

I'm trying to purchase a SIM card from Rogers wireless. I go to the Pay As You Go page and click on Get a Sim. Then:

1. I click Add to Cart
  2. I click Add to Cart (again)
  3. I click Proceed to Cart Summary
  4. I click Checkout

However, I'm getting an error message saying "Error opening /portlets/common/checkout/CheckoutController.jpf".

Could Telus be blocking the Rogers checkout page?

I've tried five different browsers (Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Opera).

I've tried calling Rogers. Everything works for them, and they didn't really seem interested in helping.

Shane.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

That means their server is messed up. Try again later. Most of their phone sales people won't know how to deal with a problem on their website. Fido has the same error currently: 

fidoerror.jpg

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. ๐Ÿ™‚

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

That means their server is messed up. Try again later. Most of their phone sales people won't know how to deal with a problem on their website. Fido has the same error currently: 

fidoerror.jpg

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. ๐Ÿ™‚

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Ambassador

Yes, that's the exact error message I'm getting. I think Fido is part of Rogers.

It's been several days already. The problem that everything is working for the phone sales people. One person thought the problem was me, and another thought that the problem was the ISP (Telus).

But I'm curious, are you getting the error message using Telus as an ISP?

Thanks,

Shane.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

I have access to both Telus and Shaw connections. Same result. Also, yes, Fido is part of Rogers. ๐Ÿ™‚

Highlighted
Ambassador

Thanks for checking. I guess Telus isn't blocking Rogers.

I will have to try to contact Rogers, but since the sales people don't get the error, trying to explain it is going to be difficult.

Shane.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Or, they are telling you they donโ€™t really want your business.........

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"