Best way to use an airport extreme with Actiontech

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

Hello, I have seen some suggestions about this in the forums but wanted to get any fresh news.

I tried it once before but ended up with double NAT.

I think I may now understand a bit more and will try placing the Airport in the DMZ.

Anyone who has done this and for whom it is working well, I would really appreciate a run down of your setup. I am not going to waste my breath with Telus's "support", unless you randomly get one of their local people, you don't stand a chance and even then it is hit and miss.

I really miss the decent wifi ability of my Ariport and everything that goes with it.

The last time I tried putting stuff in a DMZ I had to reset my actiontech, disable updates etc, just to get to the settings I needed.

I lost power for an extended time today while changing some power outlets and low and behold this somehow allowed the actiontech to be forcefully updated by Telus, something which I think should be grounds to sue! The last time they did that to me I was traveling outside the country and had to come home to fix access to my internal network. It amazes me that Telus push updates to peoples hardware, without permission, at any time they please, disrupting whatever setup their users have and there seems to be no outcry.

If there was a better choice I would be an ex Telus customer...

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Well if you've missed the many posts here about the new Actiontecs, you could call in and request the newer V1200H model which allows you to bridge port 1. Would get rid of double NAT and it's a lot easier to hook up third party routers that way.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Or, you can put the Airport in Bridge mode, and connect your ethernet from the Actiontec to one of the three LAN ports on the Airport (Don't use the WAN port).

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Resident

Thanks guys, I think I have actiontech fatigue, I have the V1200H. Any chance you can point to a post related to bridging port 1?

I will look about for what you mention. (Both methods)

Thanks for your help, I know I sound a bit negative but I have had several fights with this thing and searching for help has had me running in circles chasing my tail!

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

To bridge the 1200, start with the manual (page 49) http://static.telus.com/common/cms/files/internet/telus_t2200h_user_manual.pdf

Screenshot of settings page

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂