cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Settings For Xbox One w/ Actiontec-T3200M

Jair
Helpful Neighbour

Hi, i'am wondering if there is a certain setting that im missing on the actiontec t3200m modem/router. Ive noticed since ive gotten the telus internet that my aiming is very late when i move my control stick on xbox one during online gaming. Almost like a 1 second delay and some games seem to lag in between them. A lot of jitter from other players and skipping around on the screen. I have all the correct ports open for xbox one and my NAT is OPEN. Hopefully someone has a fix for me as its almost unplayable when trying to shoot someone and its a second later on screen. Is the firewall blocking certain ports or is there some setting that needs to be changed please let me know ASAP Thanks in advance. 

33 REPLIES 33

Jair
Helpful Neighbour

So im also wondering if its just caused by DSL internet as i wouldnt have any lag issues on cable internet but the sole purpose of me switching to telus was to have better stable internet for my online gaming on xbox one and so far hasnt been a great experience. If there is anything else i can try or a certain setting i can do to make my xbox more smooth or get more of the bandwidth or something that can help me make my xbox online gaming faster with less latency it would be greatly appreciated thanks.

I understand your reluctance to buy another router to replace the T3200m, because T3200m should work.  We just can't figured out what seems to be wrong with the T3200m set-up with your XBox One at this time.

Do you still have the cable internet service to compare?

Moore12
Just Moved In

Telus internet has been a huge disappointment for me and my gaming experience I had shaw high speed cable and switched to Telus because of the promise to save money I do save money but at the cost of my gaming experience gaming online is painful now on xbox 

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
@Moore12 Provide in detail your problem. Internet package, modem/router model#, wired or wireless connection. Signal strength if on wifi, distance your Xbox is away from the modem/router.

I have no issues with any of my gaming consoles on Telus. Will be a specific "issue" in your household.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.

mumbles84
Helpful Neighbour

before i had just recently had my t3200m installed with optic cable and upgraded to bonded lines i noticed that I do have a high ping time about 9ms more when nothing is running.

with my actiontec on a 15mbit package for many months before this upgrade i got 16mbit/sec down and 3.6mbits/sec and a 13ms ping to test server now with my 25 mbit package on bonded lines i got 27mbits/sec down and 2.9mbits/sec up. also my ping is 23ms to test server. telus says its all fine and dandy but as a fps gamer you know 9-10ms can make a difference as well as the more upload speed u have the less latency you have as well. i do have my xbox one hardwired as well. so there defiantly some more latency involved in bonded lines in my area but im not sweating it as fiber will be ready for connection to residents sometime in may-june of 2017. 

I had to manually port forward all my ports for xbox one as the actiontec default firewall table doesnt have all the xbox one ports. Also had to add udp 3076 for call of duty inifinite warfare to open the nat. i usually just dmz my xbox but some coding issues on the web interface for that section was causing hidden errors.

Only great thing I have to say about the t3200m is the ipv6 actually works properly and better then the actiontec v1000h i had. with Ipv6 your xbox one will defaultly use when possible first before a ipv4 connection which is a plus as there is no nat involved so anyone with a ipv6 address in a game lobby that may have a strict or moderate nat will still be connectable easily through ipv6. you get connectable ipv6 addresses. cheers. and good luck. thank goodnees when fiber comes i'll be using my own equipment.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I have the 3200, no DMZ / not port forwarded or bridged, and my games show NAT Open on them. I left it at default configuration and it works fine for me.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Jair
Helpful Neighbour

hey nighthawk so i did finally go out and buy a netgear nighthawk router seems a bit better but wondering if you have any tips on bridging the t3200m and if you have any tips on configuring my new router

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Well with my T3200 and my simple Dlink router, I'm not running bridged at all. My PC games show NAT open without it.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Jair
Helpful Neighbour

do you know much about the nighthawk r7000 and the best settings for it using telus internet?

Jair
Helpful Neighbour

Anybody know the best settings i could try on my netgear nighthawk then lol

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
You shouldn't have to adjust any settings, the router should configure it all with UPNP. Just make sure you use the 5ghz band.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.

Hey westcoast i dont game on wireless, i only play ethernet but i think i might have resolved this issue.

I logged into the actiontec modem that telus provided and put it into bridge mode (Plugged Router to Port 4 in the back of the modem) if thats correct?

and left upnp enabled on the netgear and it seems to help so far still having the occasional lag tho. 

Pc and console are way different as of people can have 12 devices and live stream wnd have 20 ms were on xbox dont matter where you or the servers you ms goes 30 -240 plus when you get in a lobby i live about 1 out of the city and i get 30 ms but my old router with few pcs and few phones few xboxs i didnt have problem besides lag because of the devices and my old package if the old router were still around i feel they were made for home use and on my old router i had 60-400 ms and its hard to say usa has better deals and internet for customers that live far away