cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Settings For Xbox One w/ Actiontec-T3200M

Jair
Helpful Neighbour

Hi, i'am wondering if there is a certain setting that im missing on the actiontec t3200m modem/router. Ive noticed since ive gotten the telus internet that my aiming is very late when i move my control stick on xbox one during online gaming. Almost like a 1 second delay and some games seem to lag in between them. A lot of jitter from other players and skipping around on the screen. I have all the correct ports open for xbox one and my NAT is OPEN. Hopefully someone has a fix for me as its almost unplayable when trying to shoot someone and its a second later on screen. Is the firewall blocking certain ports or is there some setting that needs to be changed please let me know ASAP Thanks in advance. 

33 REPLIES 33

Jair
Helpful Neighbour

Also i have Internet 100 DSL

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Make sure you're using the 5ghz channel not 2.4ghz.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.

I only use LAN never wireless and only my PC and Xbox are plugged into the modem. And only 2 cellphones on wife

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Run a Speedtest and jitter test from Speedtest.net
For a test you can put the Xbox in DMZ on the actiontec. Although you really don't need to configure the settings with UPNP active.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.

i tried dmz and it was even worse speeds are fine and 3% jitter

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Detailed network stats and multiplayer connection test results from the xbox. Do you have a spare router kicking around?

80dwnload

16.1Upload

38Latency

Jair
Helpful Neighbour

1480 MTU

38 latency seems too long. may be post some details.

Jair
Helpful Neighbour

what exact details would you like

@Jair wrote:

what exact details would you like

Maybe traceroute might tell you if the latency is internal or external to your delay.

Jair
Helpful Neighbour

how do i do that lol 

Jair
Helpful Neighbour

i seen on a different post that ports are blocked from telus no matter what is that true

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
If the ports were blocked it wouldn't work at all. As stated in a previous post do you have a spare router to test the connection enabling bridge mode on the 3200?

i dont man but would gaming on a router be better then directly into the modem/router that telus provides?

Jair
Helpful Neighbour

now it seems ppl see me before i see them its frustrating

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you had another router to test with, trying to see if an issue with the 3200 or not. Being it's a new model that was just released recently.

Enabling the 3200 into bridge mode and using a modem you have (if you have one) we bypass the 3200 and see if the issue persits.

hmmm i wonder but dont really want to go buy a new router just for testing and ya i cant find anything on this modem/router what router would u buy <nighthawk>?

@Jair wrote:

i dont man but would gaming on a router be better then directly into the modem/router that telus provides?

Something to try:

on the T3200m firewall setup, click "Application", forward to the Xbox Lan IP, and select the game console. Hopefully this will reduce the internal routing time, and speed up your game.

Jair
Helpful Neighbour

actually tried that and it didnt help thats if i did it right lol