cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bandwidth Monitor... or lack of.

emcee2
Coach
Hi.  The Telus account "view usage" information is... poor, to put it kindly.  Always days behind, and I suspect/believe, not very accurate (i.e. they say I used 183GB on my last cycle; the actual bill says 194GB).
It would seem with the introduction of bandwidth caps that Telus could have done something to provide   better monitoring, but nothing so far.
SO, has anyone come across a method to get any sort of meaningful bandwidth data from the Actiontec router?  Or do I have to go to a discrete wi-fi/router capable of being interrogated by some bit of external software and leave the Actiontec for Optik TV only?
3 REPLIES 3

emcee2
Coach

I should have also said; I'd like to find out some means of determining what device/activity is actually consuming my data... there seem to be changes reported on the "view usage" page that just do not seem credible... as in, can my internet connection even download that much data in one day?

RebelBC
Just Moved In

I got a 70GB discrepancy between what my router reported & the usage on Telus website.  I don't think the usage monitor on the website is accurate. 

maru487
Just Moved In