Average installation time (Victoria BC)

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Loki
Resident

Hi, we will be moving to Victoria BC from Europe so we aren't familiar with how to arrange a lot of things... one of them, is how long in advance should we request Telus to instal the internet and tv our new apartment. We would need them to come to set everything up on Saturday December 9 - or Monday 11 at the latest. We have been informed by the real state agent that the building has been connected with both, Telus and Shawn.

Thank you for the tips! 

xl CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Weekend installations are very popular.... I recommend 2 to 3 weeks.

Ideally earlier in the day.  Installations can sometimes get behind if you take an afternoon appointment.

Then again... not sure if the TV or the Optik service should be first.

Also are you bringing your TV from Europe?

• For the cost of shipping, it may be easier to purchase one here after you arrive.... especially with Boxing Day sales after Christmas.
  • European TV's are PAL.... I wonder if they have image issues with 60hz electricity.
Loki
Resident

Thanks! Thats good to know. We had picked a tv/internet combo so we can order it soon.

You have a point with bringing the tv. We will prob. buy a tv (and almost everything else )over there since the shipment cost seems disproportionate to the benefits of getting our current stuff transported. 

Can they come to install the inernet and tv on different dates? that it is may be too much to ask...

Thanks again for your reply! Loki

xl CPU Alum
CPU Alum

@Loki wrote:

Can they come to install the inernet and tv on different dates? that it is may be too much to ask...

Yes.... it's a matter of when you schedule them.

BTW... additional things to consider....

• is 4K available in your new building?  Do you want 4K?  I believe the benefits of 4K is limited to sports at this time.
  • you mentioned Telus is available in your building?  Does that include Fibre where you can request the newer faster packages?