Authentication problem when trying to access my home wifi

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

Hello, I use T3200M for my internet and Optik TV.

Once in a while all of my devices will suddenly disconnect from my wifi saying there is authentication problem and that I have to type in the wifi security key or password. I re-type the correct security key and it still wouldn't work. Only when I disconnect and reconnect the router does it fix this problem.

Does anyone know why this happens? Because it gets annoying quick having to keep reconnecting the router. Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Is SmartSteering enabled in your wireless settings on the T3200? That can cause the network to drop when it changes between 2.4GHz and 5GHz. I disabled SmartSteering myself on mine.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. ๐Ÿ™‚

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Is SmartSteering enabled in your wireless settings on the T3200? That can cause the network to drop when it changes between 2.4GHz and 5GHz. I disabled SmartSteering myself on mine.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. ๐Ÿ™‚

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resident

now another problem

I can't log in to 192.168.1.254 to even check if it's disabled

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Try from a computer physically plugged in to the modem.