cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio streaming issues from iTunes - stuttering sound.

gadsby
Neighbour

A few days ago I changed from 10M ADSL to a 50M fibre based service.  My Apple TV music - previously working)  is now inconsistent and I get random gaps in the music.     (I'm seeing similar issues with an iPad).  Netflix via the Apple TV and purchased Apple TV shows appear to be working fine.   The Apple TV is hardwired and basic SpeedTest and Ping tests seem fine.   Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7

ksto
Neighbour

In my opinion Telus is throttling the data.

I am seeing the problem with my laptop which is plugged directly into the Telus device and also with my iphone which uses Telus WIFI.  I have had no issues when my cell phone is using cellular data.

ksto
Neighbour

I encourage any one who has seen these posts to post a reply or call Telus. Make your voice heard.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

gadsby - there is a connection issue between Telus and Apple's servers currently. It is affecting most things currently. It is being worked on.

ksto - if you haven't noticed anything in the last few days, there is an issue between a number of ISPs, including Telus, and Apple. It is affecting pretty much everything causing low speeds. Telus is not throttling any data. Calling Telus currently will have zero effect as tech support has no way to deal with this issue as there is no problem with the actual internet connection to the home/cell. People much higher up than frontline support, that can do things, are working on it.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

ksto
Neighbour

Nighthawk - Apple music works fine over telus cellular data. Is this issue limited to DSL/Fiber? You have talked to Telus? 

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes I have talked with Telus. I also know this issue is more widespread than Telus, but Telus is working with Apple to come up with a fix that will work for us users long term so that every time Apple releases a new OS (OSX or iOS), that this issue doesn't reappear. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

gadsby
Neighbour

gadsby
Neighbour

Thank you for your posts - very helpful - nice to know that there are known issues.   FYI -  found a post in the Apple Support Community which exactly matches my experience:  https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7217145    Hopefully Telus/Apple will be able to resolve the issue quickly.