Audio quiet since new boxes

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

About a month ago i got upgraded from optic with 15 speed internet to optic with 4 HD streams and 50 internet. To do this the tech had to bond 2 lines, and replace all my boxes.

Since the upgrade i have noticed i have to turn my volume up more then double what i had to before on all my TV's. All my boxes have the internal audio turned all the way up to 25. I am using HDMI to connect the boxes to the TV or audio receiver.

Thoughts?

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
Aside from the boxes being set to 25 no. That's usually the issue that pops up. Very strange.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Why not turn the audio up on the tv. Since you said your using the HDMI. 

Adjust the level so then you don't have to max it out on the Telus box..

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

The Telus box should be maxed out or you'll have to crank up the volume on your TV considerably.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Ambassador

I doubt you'll find any easy answer to this problem. Telus has other audio volume problems with OptikTV, but they don't seem to think it's important enough to do anything about it. The reason it's important of course is that when the volume varies greatly between channels and sources, you frequently get blasted with speaker-busting high volume when switching.

In particular, the HD channels and SD channels have widely different volume levels over the digital audio output, and Netflix is down there with SD channels. It might be a difference between DD surround sound and stereo since that would also line up with those sources.