Ark Server

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Djice00
Neighbour

Is there any way to setup access for my friend to play on my own Ark Server, I do not understand why all the ports coming into my network are blocked.  No other ISP I have ever used blocks incoming ports.  Is there any service out there that can redirect ports before they even reach me so I can bypass the blocked ones and allow access to my Ark.

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Most Helpful
WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Telus blocks many ports on "Residential" accounts and they clearly state this. A "business" account removes those restrictions. Depends what ports are needed.

Can read more about it here:

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-TV-Home-Phone/Port-blocking-STILL/m-p/67780

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Most Helpful
WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Telus blocks many ports on "Residential" accounts and they clearly state this. A "business" account removes those restrictions. Depends what ports are needed.

Can read more about it here:

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-TV-Home-Phone/Port-blocking-STILL/m-p/67780

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

None of the ports listed for an ARK server are being blocked. The official wiki says:

PortPurpose
UDP 27015Query port for Steam's server browser
UDP 7777Game client port
UDP 7778Raw UDP socket port (always Game client port +1)
TCP 27020

RCON for remote console server access (optional)

WIth that, it will come down to how you've got your router configured. Port forwarding on the Actiontec should work but some users have found that bridging port 1 on it (T1200, T2200 & T3200 specifically) and connecting the PC or your own router to it had better results for other things, not necessarily ARK.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Djice00
Neighbour

I tried what you posted about, the port tests still show it closed.  I completely turned off my Windows firewall and still shows closed.  Here are the SS's for my settings and the port test results for one of the server ports.  They all show the same result of Closed.  I have been struggling with this since I switched to Telus.  Unfortunately I live in an area where Shaw cannot provide the 120mbps unlimited or I would have switched back already.

Port forward.JPGPort test.JPG