cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyway to keep email address (@telus.net) while canceling service?

Jman210
Just Moved In
I plan on switching service providers due to insane data caps, but really need the email address for the next couple months due to it being the address that i booked a bunch of tours, trips, etc, and some services don't seem to offer easy ways to change contact info.

Is there a way to keep just the email service without the internet? Maybe paying a small monthly fee for a while?  I will still have telus phone if that makes a difference

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Justheretohelp
Organizer

Depending on your plan, there are many options for you to choose from regarding Usage Based Billing. I would check with Customer service to find the best deal for you. Regarding your email address, you can keep it for a small monthly fee of $7.00 per month, per email address. (Might be cheaper just to upgrade your service or get the unlimited data usage). 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You might be able to maintain a dial-up account, but other than that, I am not aware of any means to keep the email address when cancelling service.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can get unlimited home internet for and extra $15 a month.... Business accounts i know you can maintain just a telus email account but it's $16 a month. The shop plan is SO Old i had hosting as well for $10 a month although the server constantly lags and times out..

Justheretohelp
Organizer

Depending on your plan, there are many options for you to choose from regarding Usage Based Billing. I would check with Customer service to find the best deal for you. Regarding your email address, you can keep it for a small monthly fee of $7.00 per month, per email address. (Might be cheaper just to upgrade your service or get the unlimited data usage). 

drax86
Organizer

Yes you can pay a small fee think its like $5 a month to keep your email address