Anyway to keep email address (@telus.net) while canceling service?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Resident
I plan on switching service providers due to insane data caps, but really need the email address for the next couple months due to it being the address that i booked a bunch of tours, trips, etc, and some services don't seem to offer easy ways to change contact info.

Is there a way to keep just the email service without the internet? Maybe paying a small monthly fee for a while?  I will still have telus phone if that makes a difference

Community Power User
Community Power User

You might be able to maintain a dial-up account, but other than that, I am not aware of any means to keep the email address when cancelling service.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can get unlimited home internet for and extra $15 a month.... Business accounts i know you can maintain just a telus email account but it's $16 a month. The shop plan is SO Old i had hosting as well for $10 a month although the server constantly lags and times out..

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Connector

Depending on your plan, there are many options for you to choose from regarding Usage Based Billing. I would check with Customer service to find the best deal for you. Regarding your email address, you can keep it for a small monthly fee of $7.00 per month, per email address. (Might be cheaper just to upgrade your service or get the unlimited data usage). 

Connector

Yes you can pay a small fee think its like $5 a month to keep your email address