cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any plans for Fiber in Rocky Ridge, Calgary NW ?

kunwers
Just Moved In

I just moved to my new home in Calgary NW - Rocky Ridge Ranch and found I'm speed deprived in these areas, last 4 years I have been using 100 mbps  and Now these areas don't have anything more than 25 mbps (upto), which doesn't go beyond 10 mbps even with wired connection forget about Wi-FI. 

Are there any realistic plans for upgrade in near future?... seems like everyone is fed up with the lower speeds here!

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

This neighbourhood is inhabited by customers, just like you. We have no insight to Telus business plans, and volunteer to share knowledge we have gained by experience or surmise.

Wi-Fi will easily deliver 25 Mbps (up to).

The Tuscany neighbourhood is serviced at a similar level, so you have a lot of company.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

There's also https://fibre.telus.com/calgary/availability/ . It shows Rocky Ridge as having partial availability for fiber but not the whole neighborhood. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

kunwers
Just Moved In

They missed my house by 50 meters! Probably i should buy my own fiber cable and hook it up 🙂