Addresses for Groups in WebMail

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Neighbour

I am setting up a group email list.  I select groups and on the right hand side a list of contacts appears.  The problem, this list is only the first 1/3 of my contacts.  How to I get to the rest of the contacts so I can add some of them to the group?

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
Click on preferences>address book>"Contact options Display" adjust from the drop down menu.

Click save.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Neighbour

That lets me display up to 100 contacts, which it is already set at.  I can see the first 100, but cannot get to the rest.

I found that if I entered the name in the search box, clicked on search, the name would come up.  I could then add that name to the group.  Took a long time doing it one by one, but I believe I finally got the whole group populated.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

That's a huge email list to be managing through a personal email address, and brings risks to you and Telus. You may want to consider using a mail distribution service such as Mail Chimp.

As a mass mailer, you must provide the means for any recipient to un-subscribe, or change email addresses, have express consent of the recipient to be sent emails, and keep records of the consent. You must additionally provide other means of contact beyond your email return address. Without these and other steps, you may be labeled an email spammer, and have your email, and the domain you send from blocked by other mail servers and services. A quick search for Canada Anti-Spam Law will return far more detailed information than this short note.  Please be sure you are familiar with the requirements of this law.

A number of the clubs and associations of which I am a member have needed to move to managed distribution of emails due to CASL. I've used Mail Chimp, and recommend it for ease of use.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

@DougDrury wrote:

That lets me display up to 100 contacts, which it is already set at.  I can see the first 100, but cannot get to the rest.

You should be able to page through your contacts using the arrows at the top & bottom right of the contacts screen.

Screen Shot 2016-09-05 at 10.43.12 AM.png

EDIT: this may not work when creating groups, but should allow you to do some sorts to help reduce your search effort.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Neighbour

I thought I'd be able to get to the other addresses by use of an arrow in the upper right as well, but no arrows appear when setting up a group.

Thanks for the info on mail chimp  I will look into that.