cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actiontec v1000h Wired/Wireless not connecting

JBear
Neighbour

Hi, I have searched and have not found anything on this forum.

The issue is anything that is wireless will not connect with anything wired and vice-versa. My wireless laptop cannot access the Actiontec v1000h status page or my router, though my wired PC can. Both running Windows 10. 

My setup is:

Actiontech is connected to my PS4, an unmanaged switch, and a router with DHCP server and wireless disabled. Also have a wireless printer, wired printer (for testing purposes) and an Ubuntu server. Also have Optik TV.

Thank you 

5 REPLIES 5

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

That's an ancient gateway / router, and upon request Telus **MAY** offer a newer one, but no promises. Another option many of us have taken is to purchase and install our own router, and connect our network to it, leaving only Optik (if subscribed) on the Telus device. The new router runs on its own subnet, completely separate from the Telus device.

I have had difficulty as well with the T3200M gateway and wired & wireless devices. Adding my own router solved these problems.

I suggest:

Actiontech is connected to Optik TV and router on it's own subnet with DHCP and wireless enabled.

Switch connected to your router (if necessary)

All your local devices, except Optik, and possibly the PS4 connect to your router both wired and wireless.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

Hi and thank you for your help.

I will bring up my router (which is ancient as well) and use it as 192.168.2.265 and connect all the devices except the Optik and PS4. I would imagine the DHCP for the router is still off. 

I will try this and report back. May have issues because of how old the router is itself. Will also contact TELUS and see if they can switch out the V1000h.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Let your router assign IP addresses to the devices connected to it.

NFtoBC

Thank you again for your help. 

I've successfully created a subnet but have 1 issue. Can't get my PS4 (plex) to stream anything from my server. It sees it's IP address on the subnet but says it's offline or unreachable. 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You may need to place the PS4 on the same network, then.

NFtoBC