Actiontec v1000H wan Ethernet, home phone, and TV arnt working.

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Neighbour

Hello. Yesterday I unplugged everything so I could organize some cables. When I put them back I stumbled on and issue. So I have an actiontec V1000H and on my wall there is a belden Ibdn. On the belden there are two Ethernet ports. One on the left that says tel. The another on the right that says Adsl. So I plugged my phone into the "tel" and my phone works. But.. When I plug and Ethernet cable into the adsl and into the "Wan Ethernet"/DSL nothing happens on the router except my phone begins to say "no line". As well as my telus TV is stuck saying it is initializing. I'm using what's left of my iPhone data to write this so please respond quick I really need help.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

If I recall, you need to connect a telephone (4wire) connector between the phone connector on the Actiontec and the ADSL port on the wall. Usually ADSL is served over 2wire copper, and the Actiontec gateway converts the signal to one deliverable over ethernet.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Neighbour

Unfortunately, that did not work. However, I happened to get onto telus actiontec by typing in my up. It says that both my LSP and broadband are disconnected. I don't know what it means but could that be anything to do with it?

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Belden?? I thought they stopped using those years ago. Did the TV tech install them? You may need a tech out there to fix things. I'd recommend calling in to Telus.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

You an access your gateway by entering its IP address (192.168.0.254, usually. It is on the label on the gateway). If you are in the gateway software, and it indicates the ISP and Broadband are disconnected, either the wire between the gateway and the wall is set up incorrectly, or your internet service has been disconnected, or down, which is unlikely.

Try the following:

Connect a 4 wire telephone cable from the line connector on the Gateway to the ADSL junction on the wall. Restart the gateway.

If this does not work, try the same using the phone connection on the wall.

There should be no connections to the WAN connector, unless you have Fibre to the home

Which lights are lit on the gateway? 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Neighbour

That doesn't seem to be working. The only lights that are on, are on "power" and "wireless". I can login to the Internet but can only get limited access. I think it might be possible that my internet has been disconnected. But i am going to contact telus to make sure. Thank you for the help! 🙂

Highlighted
Guardian

Best bet is to call TELUS service. It's hard for us to help you because we are guessing as to what status lights are on and what cables you have connected to where. Perhaps you can take photo that shows the status lights and connections and post it?

[edit] Just reread your initial post. Looks like you plugged into the wrong port on your Actiontec. You need a telephone cable (not Ethernet) from the Phone port (not WAN port) on the Actiontec to the ADSL port on the wall.