Actiontec 3200

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident
I have no 5G channel and how do I set the band steering to support my more wifi demanding devices ie. When I'm downloading
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

If band steering is enabled the 5GHz and 2.4GHz are both in use at the same time and the router will adjust things on the fly depending on the settings.

bandsteering.jpg

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Advisor

When I clicked on the manual d/l link on gateway homepage, resulted in 404 error...Actiontec doesn't have the 3200 listed on its website either. Googled what  static band steering is, couldn't find anything.  Funny thing is my Nexus 6 will connect with 5G with band steering off, but with 2.4 with it on. Do we have to construct a rule for band steering by selecting MAC address of the device in the next dialogue box that shows after applying the one shown above?

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Band steering is pretty much automatic. It'll choose which band is most appropriate for the current conditions / distance to router. You could always turn band steering off and have the separate 5GHz and 2.4GHz networks or in the band steering settings choose 5GHz as the preferred network band.

As for the Manual, I haven't been able to find one online yet.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Advisor

Ok, thanks