About internet upgrade to 25Mbps

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Neighbour

Hello Telus guys,

I am using Telus 15Mbps plan and want to upgrade to 25Mbps plan, but now I met a problem and need your help.

I checked the availability from website, and it shows my address can install 25Mbps plan, when I call CS many times, some of them said I am qualified to upgrade, and another agents said NO, I am confused.

Yesterday, a new CS agent said if I want to upgrade to 25Mbps, I have to upgrade my TV profile firstly, but she failed, then I checked router's syslog, it shows" bad length", then she said I can't be upgraded due to my home is 1.35km long to telus node. But my neighbor around my address are also telus 25Mbps plan....What  can I do for this issue?

I checked the router information, it seems to show that I can use 25Mbps plan, pls. see below:

1. Profile version: VDSL2_8B

2. Line rate: 23296kbps/3071kbps

3. Attainable Line rate: 30470kbps/4045kbps

4. SNR: 12dB/9dB

5. Attenuation: 2.4dB/1.2dB

6. Power: 9.5dBm/6.7dBm

based on above information, anything I can do to upgrade? or change router or something, need your help & advice, thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Advocate

@ Remington

There is no charge for bonded installation as far as I know, your best bet is to speak to customer service and confirm with them.

Also there is no guarantee that bonded is an option that is available for you. If it is available, and there are ports available, then its possible that you can get HS25 in your area.

For more info or to chat with one of our support reps please visit us at: www.telus.com/chat
If you like the comment, please click on the Kudos button.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Assuming you don't have Optik, it appears possible. Some of their tools may not be fully up to date yet.

If you have Optik also (or not), they could do a bonded install (2 phone lines used) and give you 25. That would require an installer and a different modem.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Neighbour

i have optik tv service with 2hd/1sd.

For the bonded installation, it is free or not? Do I still need to chat with csr? Thanks.

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Advocate

@ Remington

There is no charge for bonded installation as far as I know, your best bet is to speak to customer service and confirm with them.

Also there is no guarantee that bonded is an option that is available for you. If it is available, and there are ports available, then its possible that you can get HS25 in your area.

For more info or to chat with one of our support reps please visit us at: www.telus.com/chat
If you like the comment, please click on the Kudos button.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Neighbour

Ok. got it. thanks guys.