cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4k boxes and ethernet out

Sparkaction
Organizer
Do the Arris 4k boxes have a ethernet jack to allow for an ethernet out connection?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Since both the Cisco device and the Arris device have only one Ethernet port, I see no way to add other Ethernet devices to that location without a switch.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Ethernet is bi-directional.

If you want to expand your network from the location of the Arris device, simply place an Ethernet switch between it and the rest of your network.

NFtoBC

Can I do this without a switch? My current setup is wall --> CIS box --> Android box.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

What is CIS box?

What is Android Box?

NFtoBC

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
@NFtoBC CIS 330/430

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Since both the Cisco device and the Arris device have only one Ethernet port, I see no way to add other Ethernet devices to that location without a switch.
NFtoBC

@NFtoBC wrote:

Also note that your switch needs to support IGMP snooping for TV to work correctly as it uses Multicast to send the IPTV signals.  Not a lot of home networking equipment will support that, so you'd likely need a managed business class switch.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

A decent ethernet switch will work. Don't need to spend a fortune on a switch that'll be overkill. I've got a Zyxel switch in my setup though a Netgear gigabit one would work fine also. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂