cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4K PVR, how do you watch a recorded show when internet down?

Jazz59
Connector

Hi;

How do you watch a recorded show when internet is down?

For some idiotic reason you can not watch any shows you have recorded if the internet is down.  Is there a setting someplace to change this?

The reason you record shows is to watch them later.  The shows are recorded on the PVR, but if the internet is down, guess what? CAN'T watch them,, crazy. I am not talking about playing the shows in a different room or anything like that. The PVR is connected to the TV via HDMI so why would you need the internet to watch them???

4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The licensing allows you to watch recorded shows in your home, but not elsewhere. The need for an Internet connection is to ensure the PVR has not been moved to another location for playback. Unfortunately the PVR is not like a VHS recorder wher you could move the tape, or machine to another location for playback.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

Nobody is moving the PVR!

This is some new screwed up idea from telus.  Telus satelite pvr lets you watch programs when sat is not available. Any other PVR I have used does not need the internet to watch a show, they do not even have internet connection. This is just some stupid idea to control and monitor what when and how you watch TV. 

Please do not make BS excuses for telus.

Now back to the question,

Is there any setting to change this?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Jazz59 wrote:

Nobody is moving the PVR!

I didn't say you were, I explained why you are seeing the effect you described.

@Jazz59 wrote:

Is there any setting to change this?

Not to my knowledge.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

Thank You

I did not intend my comments to sound like an attack on you.

Telus crews working in my neighborhood changed around some connections and of course it was a few days before a representative could be scheduled to fix the issue.  In the mean time I could not even watch programs that I had recorded.