cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d

rayrayjj
Rockstar

Has anyone watched avitar in 3d,wow amazing,I can't believe someone could make a movie like that,I remember the old 32" rca tv that I bought in the 90s and thought that that was the greatest tv in the world,and now I'm watching 3d on a 65" 4k ec9700 lg tv,man how times have changed...I no lg isn't the best 3d tv out there but wow it sure performs in 3d,way better than my Samsung..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vishwa
Leader

You probably remember that Avatar was the movie that essentially launched this round of 3D technology. For quite a while after that, other 3d movie releases were measured against Avatar.  It was a really well executed 3d movie.  Some of you may even remember that Panasonic had an exclusive on that 3d movie and the copies were being sold for up to $100 on ebay.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Makes me wonder what Avatar sequel will do to 3D.

rayrayjj
Rockstar

How can you match it??

vishwa
Leader

You probably remember that Avatar was the movie that essentially launched this round of 3D technology. For quite a while after that, other 3d movie releases were measured against Avatar.  It was a really well executed 3d movie.  Some of you may even remember that Panasonic had an exclusive on that 3d movie and the copies were being sold for up to $100 on ebay.

View solution in original post

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Agreed.... Avatar had many going to the 3D theatres.

4K 3D would be one idea. Sad to see it delayed til 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI0aG1MR7l0

For some... a better script.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq00mCqBMY8

rayrayjj
Rockstar

I am watching x-men right now in 3d and its pretty good to but not even close to avitar or transformers,but its pretty good...

vishwa
Leader

Another one I liked as a movie and for the 3d effect is Hugo. It looked great on my old tech TV.  I cannot imagine how much better it will look on a modern TV.

rayrayjj
Rockstar

I can't wait for the new avatar!!!!!