3 HD vs 4 HD

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Resident

After having a tech visit to install my wireless box he was able to upgrade me to 4 HD 1 SD by swapping out my PVR box.

Recently I was offered an upgrade from the Internet 25 to Internet 50 and after the new package took over i went back to 3 HD. 

Telus is now telling me that there is no 4 HD available and they can't change back. Can anyone confirm or speak to this? I've seen the light and need my 4th stream back! Especially during the playoffs!!

Thanks in advance

Community Power User
Community Power User

Who at Telus said there is no 4HD? Sales or tech support?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. πŸ™‚
Resident

I was talking to Customer Care I believe, I think they're on the sales side no? Wasn't so much that it was there was no 4 HD but it wasn't available for my area. Felt like the guy who saw the UFO saying, "I swear I just had 4 HD two days ago and now it's 3...!"

Community Power User
Community Power User

Sales has no way to provision 3HD vs 4HD typically. You're better off calling tech support and seeing if they can get their Network Support team (only support can talk to them) to change the profile on your connection to 4HD. If anything is possible, this would be the way.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. πŸ™‚
Ambassador

Telus seems to be doing this 4HD(or 5 HD in some cases) upgrade one neighbourhood at a time.  It doesn't depend on the bandwidth availability.  If you are not in the neighbourhood you just can not get it, for now at least.  I have the bandwidth and the hardware necessary but our region is not set for that profile yet.  They seem to be doing this slowly.  I tried a couple of times and talked to some knowledgeable people.  

Community Power User
Community Power User

@Nighthawk

Or you could do what I usually do. Buy the Telus guy/gal a beer, and ask nicely for the provisioning.......

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Ambassador

Good idea but I just don't know how to do it as most of the telus people I talked to are in BC and I am in Edmonton.  There has to be an e-beer!

Community Power User
Community Power User

@vishwa

I would expect e-beer might lack body & flavour. The folk I know would not be so keen on that!

All joking aside, I live in a small community, and the Telus staff are an important part of our community, and can be seen in many activities in our town. They support the things I do in volunteer community development, and I support them in return.

NFtoBC

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Ambassador

@NFtoBC: Glad to hear about your close involvement in the community and thanks for that.  Keep up the good work.  I do agree that Telus does a lot of good to the community in addition to being a good company to work for.  Most of the people I talked to are very happy with telus as their employer.