2160p 60Hz 4K Screen Aspect Ratio Not Working

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

matt7x
Resident

I cannot seem to get 2160p 60Hz 4K picture. When I run the test I get the error "Your television cannot support HDCP video over your high definition connection". However, the 2160p 24Hz works fine. My TV is a new Insignia 50" 4K TV (NS-50DR710NA17) that has a 60Hz refresh rate. I've tried 4 different HDMI cables using all 4 different HDMI ports. Am I missing something here? Is this an issue with the Arris 5662 box or an issue with my TV?

matt7x
Resident

Figured it out. My TV was defaulting to HDMI 1.4. As soon as I switched to HDMI 2.0 it solved the issue.

Community Power User
Community Power User
Make sure you're plugged into HDMI 4:4:4. I believe those TVs by default are set to legacy 30hz and is a tv menu setting for 60hz.(2.0)

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
elektra
Friendly Neighbour
I just ran into the same problem AFTER a Telus contractor changed out my router to the T3200M, brought service into the residence using two pairs and bumped my speed up to 50M from 25. Before all this happened, I could go to screen aspect settings in the 4k STB and select 2160p setting and a picture appeared after the test. I have a Samsung 4k smart tv 55” Now screen aapect setting reverts to 1080p and test on 2160p results in black screen. Why did this happen? The Telus contractor was back just before Christmas. Not able to resolve the problem. HDMI cable is ok and can handle 4k
Any ideas? Im wondering if one of the feed pairs has a fault?
vishwa
Ambassador

In this context, I would like to ask a question. Several months ago, I could choose 2160p resolution at 24Hz or 30 Hz.  Now, I don't see that option anymore.  I thought Telus removed it with the firmware update. Reading about 2160@24Hz in this thread made me think if I am missing it due to some reason that I don't know.

May I ask those who have 4K PVR or 4K receiver to see if they can still see the option of 2160@24Hz.  I have a 28" 4K monitor that only supports 60Hz with Displayport.  On HDMI inputs, it only supports 30Hz or 24Hz.  I used it for a week a while ago and then changed things and recently found that I lost those options.  Thanks in advance.

elektra
Friendly Neighbour
In Screen Aspect ratio on my Telus 4K PVR there is only one choice for 4k : 2160P 60 Hz 4k - Recommended
No option for 24 hz etc
elektra
Friendly Neighbour
Now that I think about it maybe thats why mine used to accept 2160p
Because there was a choice of
2160p 24 hz now it is not there
What is happening Telus.
We have 4K new TV’s and cannot receive 2160p ????? Sucks
vishwa
Ambassador

I am not sure what the reason Telus had for removing that feature.  I know I used the PVR with my 28" samsung monitor and at the time there were two more options for 2160p@24Hz and 30Hz.  Now they are gone. My monitor supports 2160p@60Hz only with Displayport.  I even tried a Displayport to HDMI cable but that didn't work(That cable is supposed to work from Displayport output to HDMI input, not other way).  

It is not just that.  Earlier(a few months ago) if I turned my receiver off, my monitor would automatically turn off after 10 seconds.  After one of the firmware updates, it just goes to the green screen without shutting video feed so I have to turn the monitor off manually.  

A lot of people who got the 4K PVR early on had no trouble connecting the TV through an AV receiver(there was no HDCP error).  I had the Denon x3200 and everything worked well.  One of the firmware updates broke that and now I have to use component. Usually, good and useful features are added to electronic components.  In this case, however, they seem to be taking them away.

elektra
Friendly Neighbour
The Telus contractor told me to go to component cables instead of HDMI. WHY SHOULD ANYONE HAVE TO DOWNGRADE TO COMPONENT BECAUSE TELUS DOES NOT WANT TO PROVIDE STB THAT WORK WITH HDMI FOR 4K video??
I have a neighbour who uses Shaw and he has no 4K problems.

elektra
Friendly Neighbour
I have a Samsung UN55HU7000 4K TV. I don’t see anywhere in the TV settings to make this change.
Anyone know how to do this?
Thanks. HNY.
Community Power User
Community Power User
I believe Samsung calls it HDMI UHD color enable it on port 1, that your device is plugged into (port 1).

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
vishwa
Ambassador

I have been using component breakout cable optical out for the last several months.  I just didn't like it and made a change.  I brought my 1080p box and connected it to Denon AVR. There is a slight delay on commands but I get HDMI working.  I noticed that the optical digital volume level was much lower compared to the HDMI(some channels by about 10 db).  I have given up hope that Telus is going to fix this issue.