2.4g wifi/internet not hitting 150

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
I have telus 150. When I switch to the 5g channel I get the 150 I expect. When I try on the 2.4 channel, I’m not even getting over 50 most of the times. I tried hardwiring and still not getting it. Using the telus issued router. What else can I do??

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you are seeing 150 on 5GHz, then the router is through putting 150 Mbps. You'll need to look to your wired connection to see why you don't see it there, as it should be the fastest connection. Only then can you look to the 2.4 GHz band.

Also remember high speed connections are meant to sere multiple users, not necessarily provide the full bandwidth to a single user.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Many devices are not capable of reaching 150Mbps on a 2.4Ghz connection - https://www.telus.com/en/ab/support/article/wifi-performance-and-your-device

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
I understand this. But the same device can hit 150 on my 5g channel but not on the 2.4, even when hard wired
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you are seeing 150 on 5GHz, then the router is through putting 150 Mbps. You'll need to look to your wired connection to see why you don't see it there, as it should be the fastest connection. Only then can you look to the 2.4 GHz band.

Also remember high speed connections are meant to sere multiple users, not necessarily provide the full bandwidth to a single user.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

Ambassador

A typical constrain on 2.4 ghz throughput is the channel width ie 20hz vs 40mhz and the capabilities of the network card on the devices, there are a lot of factors at play