configuration options for voicemail playback

Just Moved In

Listening to the calling number before each voicemail message that I playback consumes a lot of time and in most cases it is of no interest since the caller is known or identifies themselves and provides their correct callback number in the message. I usually don't pay attention to that part of the playback. Time Received is typically of more interest but also is sometimes not needed and takes considerable time (i.e. robo/marketing calls. Which is 99% of my voicemail!).

How about providing a configuration option to suppress the calling number playback or select when it is played, before or after the message. Similar options could be provided for Time Received, preferably independently of Calling Number. Both are already played back when option 5 is selected after initial message playback and this should continue as a way to manually retrieve Calling Number & Time Received if they have been suppressed.

Comments
Coach

Great idea! I too find it totally unnecessary, given that we can use option 5 and hear this info later if we wish to. I can't recall 100%, but I'm pretty sure this used to be the case, we could simply press 1 to hear the voicemail, and then choose to delete, save, or hear those details. Doing that would make this feature much more friendly, Telus!

Community Manager
Community Manager

@stu2 Thanks for your idea submission. Wanted to get quick clarification, are you referring to voicemail option for home phone, or mobile device, or both? 

Status changed to: Requires Clarification
Just Moved In
Hi I was referring to voicemail on the home phone.

--

Stuart Dry

Community Manager
Community Manager

@stu2 Our product team indiciated this should be possible. Could you please try the following instructions and see if it would work for you.

From the voicemail main menu-> #4 Personal Options -> #4 Personal Preferences -> #2 Playback Preferences -> Disable playing caller