Wifi at events

AlbertaBikeSwap
Just Moved In

We put on one day bike buy, sell, and donate events in 5 Alberta cities in venues that don't always have Wifi or secure network access.  We have to tether someone's cell phone to our system to send out 850 texts / emails at the end of an event, but can only send ~50 at a time.  It's time consuming and really adds a worrisome few hours to the end of our day, especially is the network engineer is elsewhere and cannot tether.  Could Telus please consider making a robot that provides secure network access at events?  This "Future is Friendly, FIF" robot could attend events Canada-wide and really help people at events with WiFi access.

Category:
0 Likes
Comments
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi there, @AlbertaBikeSwap.

I don't know about a robot but we're happy to get involved in the community where we can so what I suggest is that you ask the event organizer or the owners of the venue to give us a call.

Also, free TELUS Wi-Fi is already available in many venues including the Saddledome, Commonwealth, BC Place and over 20K other locations in AB and BC. Find one nearby at https://wififinder.telus.com

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Status changed to: Closed
AlbertaBikeSwap
Just Moved In
It would be wonderful if we had a phone number to call...

Thanks,
Laura

Regards,

Chris & Laura
Alberta Bike Swap, Ltd.

Need to know more? albertabikeswap.ca

Have you followed us on Twitter? @albertabikeswap Instagram? @albertabikeswap

Have you liked us on Facebook? albertabikeswap

Want to see what happens at a bike swap? Here's a time lapse: 9 hours into 4 minutes...

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

You can ask them to call 1-800-361-3311 or go to https://business.telus.com/en/business/contact-telus for more contact info.

AlbertaBikeSwap
Just Moved In

You listed venues that Telus has wi-fi, but I don't have events at any of those venues. My events are way bigger than any of those venues.

I did call the business line, but it went to Guatemala then the Phillipines.

Still need to talk to somebody in Alberta about this

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

It should actually be the venue that contacts TELUS Business sales to discuss what would be involved in installing TELUS Wi-Fi.