Watch PVRed Shows on iPad when away from home

Kelownagurl
Just Moved In

I travel a lot and I'd like to be able to access TV shows I've PVRed from my iPad or my laptop when I'm away from home, even when I'm in another country. Right now, I can record them and see them listed in the Optik TV app but I can't play them.

Category:
Comments
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Kelownagurl

Because the content you record is actually stored locally on your PVR like a hard drive, you're not able to take it with you on a mobile device. Thanks for the idea and I hope you're able to find some good stuff on demand with Optik on the Go Smiley Happy

Status changed to: Closed
Kelownagurl
Just Moved In

It would be nice if we could access it over the internet at some point though.  Thanks.  I do use Optik on the Go but my show isn't on it. I just wish I could watch the last two episodes of Amazing Race Canada when I'm away.  Ah well, will have until October to see how it turns out...

Community Manager
Community Manager

I wouldn’t be surprised if watching your recorded content on the go is an option in the not-too-distant future. Thanks again, @Kelownagurl

BasesLoadedWalk
Advocate

I use a device connected to my Optik Box called a sling player. This does the trick perfectly as well as gives me access to all my channels to watch live and on the go.