Update Optik on the Go to use HTML5

walter_white
Connector

As Microsoft has announced end of life for Sliverlight, it would be great to see the desktop versions of Optik on the Go use HTML5.  The current Silverlight set up seems to be very unstable.  Too often I have issues trying to load a channel, or stability issues while watching.  I never seem to experience issues when watching Netflix or SportsNet NOW.  Another advantage would be the ability to use Chrome.

Category:
Comments
Community Manager
Community Manager

Status changed to: New Idea
walter_white
Connector

Although I'm sure you're already aware, it looks like Safari 10 does not support Silverlight, so on a Mac we're down to only Firefox as an option for Optik on the Go.  Maybe an app for the Mac is a possibility?

Community Power User
Community Power User

@walter_white

Have you seen this post which offers a solution to the Safari problem?

walter_white
Connector

Thanks @NFtoBC!  I didn't originally see the post.  I have followed the instructions and am back in business with Safari.

tymes
Friendly Neighbour

bump, its' 2019 now and EOL for flash is upcoming... let me check (google google bing bing).... so "About a year later in mid-2019, the plugin will be disabled by default. And finally, Flash will be completely removed from Chrome at the end of 2020."   Why isn't this already done?  aka back in 2016 after OP.