The Frame Channel

Irishgranny
Ambassador

Shaw has a channel called "The Frame" which is a series of rotating pictures with music background. This is a beautiful channel to have on as background during the day or when you have company.  Is it possible for Telus to carry this ??? ...it would be a great addition !!

Category:
Comments
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you have a Smart TV, you can do this using your own photos! Way more interesting for you and your guests!

Irishgranny
Ambassador

That would be great ..IF..you had a smart TV....most people don't !  "The Frame" is a huge collection of pictures with background music...have a look and you'll see why I want it !  

Community Manager
Community Manager

Status changed to: Under Review
Irishgranny
Ambassador

So glad you are reviewing this.  I'm sure this is something that Telus subscribers would love to have !!  Thanks.

xl CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Hmm.... On my Optik remote, I press On demand

• choose "Optik Local"
  • scroll to "Ambience"

There's 24 choices....

• star trails
  • kittens
  • salmon
  • aquarium
  • several items on fire if pyro gets you excited!

If you get the 4K box..... you also get ambience stuff in 4K!!!  Shaw does not offer content in 4K.

Irishgranny
Ambassador

This is a wee bit similar BUT these are films that have a time limit ...Shaw's version just is a series of rotating scenes..some really beautiful pictures.  Think the Telus version would get boring after you've seen the same few over & over.  You really need to have a look at Shaw !

kvwah
Friendly Neighbour

Yes, if you'd ever seen this channel, you would NOT get it confused with a slide show. I like the videos. We will sit and watch and try to guess where they are from. The website is "armchairtourist.com"

I am moving... today to Telus from Shaw and this was our ONLY regret!

Irishgranny
Ambassador

The web page for this service is  www.armchairtourist. com   It's associated with Sears Travel so should be available to Telus.  Not sure if this is the same one that Shaw uses, but looks like it.  Would think it would be an amazing addition for Telus.....PLEASE GET IT !!

Irishgranny
Ambassador

Whatever happened to "Under Review" ?? This thread is over 2 years old and we still haven't heard why it's not available !  The Telus "Ambience" is nice but "Frame is so much better !  Can you try to get this--please !! 

Community Power User
Community Power User

The Frame is something Shaw created in house for only Shaw customers. Knowing Shaw, they won't be willing to share. It's also a channel that not has been put through the CRTC so unless Shaw is willing to do that, no other carrier will have access to it.