Telus passpoint

Howzer99
Just Moved In
I was in a local business and a secured site came up called Telus Passpoint. I recently changed over from Shaw and really missed this part of the service. But I cannot find out how to connect to this secure site. Please help!
Category:
0 Likes
Comments
Community Power User
Community Power User

You need to look for the #Telus Wi-Fi described here. Passpoint is not publicly accessible.

rc
Ambassador

If you use a poll type email account  such as a telus.net account your session  will time out before you get the registration email. Telus really has to do something about their email customers not being able to use #telus wifi.  

Exert from the link provided in the above post.

TELUS will send a confirmation email to the address you provided and give you 10 minutes of Internet access. Open your email on the same device and confirm your address by clicking the link in the message.

Community Power User
Community Power User

@rc,

I've always found refreshing my inbox forces message download from Telus.net.

rc
Ambassador

@NFtoBC

Yes, forcing a refresh will get around the issue, but a more intelligent timeout value would eliminate the inconvenience and for some people confusion caused by their Internet connection dropping.

Shaw open has the same registration process, however, they have a longer timeout.