Telus needs to sell Sony Phones

Resident

Telus, please sell Sony phones.

You are losing a lot of customers to Bell.

I would like to stay with Telus but if you don't start selling Sony I will have to switch to Bell

0 Likes
Comments
Community Power User
Community Power User

Losing customers? The demand for Sony products is incredibly low, especially in North America. Even Bell only carries a tiny fraction of the available product line and only one phone they do carry will likely see major OS updates. The third one (T3) is basically abandonded by Sony but still for sale by Bell. 

Experia XZ1 - Released August 2017 (Android ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Experia XA - Released June 2016 (Android 7. Will not be getting 8.)

Experia T3 - Released July of 2014 (Android 4.4.4. Not updating. Missing many years worth of critical security updates.)

If you really want a Sony device, please by all means get one. You can even find them unlocked for sale on Amazon. If you're looking at an Xperia for the camera, the vast majority of cell phones are using Sony cameras in them already. 

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @Konmanr.

Thanks for the idea. We try to offer the phones people want and part of where we get that info is right here. Appreciate the suggestion and I've passed it on ๐Ÿ™‚

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Status changed to: Closed
Just Moved In

good day. i think 2020 release, the sony Xperia 1 mark 11 is a good phone to accuired by Telus.

Community Power User
Community Power User

Since my last post in this discussion two and a half years ago, none of the Canadian carriers offer any Sony devices any longer. That is likely due to the fact that in 2019 Sony announced they are no longer focusing on dealing Canada and a list of other countries due to their huge losses in the smartphone division. No Canadian carrier will likely be able to even order them from Sony.

If you really wanted the Sony Xperia 1 Mark ii (2, not 11), you could order one from the USA. The American release lacks 5G support though, unlike the European model. The Xperia starts at $1200 USD (plus shipping, import fees, duty and taxes). If you add up the exchange rate and all of the fees and taxes, you'll be close to the cost of buying a Samsung S20 Ultra in Canada. The other downside of buying a US device is you typically do not get a warranty in Canada.