Telus Satellite Customer not able to access TV on the go

teluscustomerforalongtime
Just Moved In

Optik TV customers are able to access TV on the go with different online website providers such as Bloomberg but not Satellite customers. It's very frustrating! I spend on average $700 dollars with telus for satellite, home phone, cell phones incl. Telus internet mobile hub. Note that I am not able to get Telus Optik as I am on an acreage. 

Category:
0 Likes
Comments
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have you reviewed the previous comments on this topic? It may provide some clarification. Since Telus Satellite TV is basically re-branded Bell Satellite TV, there is limited ability for interconnected offerings, unlike Optik, where your internet and TV accounts are linked.

teluscustomerforalongtime
Just Moved In

Hello NFtoBC, thanks for the added info. Yes, I was aware of the relationship with Bell but you would think that Telus would have the technical capability to link a Satellite customer account info to their Optik customer base to offer the same service of TV on the go. Thanks Blaine

Telus? - any feedback or can you provide an update ? Is this something that Telus will be offering anytime soon?

Community Power User
Community Power User

Satellite is not Optik, and they are not related. Especially in Bell's eyes. Until Bell changes how they operate their business, nothing will change. A CRTC/CCTS complaint against Bell for being anti-competitive may be a good starting point. That is usually one of the only things Bell may pay attention to.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@teluscustomerforalongtime Thanks for the suggestion. @Nighthawk is correct, and in the near future, we don't have anything in the works for Satelllite TV on the go features. Have you checked if your area is eligible for Optik TV, if it is, converting you over would be our best solution. Please enter your address here to find out. 

Status changed to: Closed