Sports Channels - Add MLB Network

SportsGuy
Organizer

The rights to Major League Baseball Playoffs seem to be shared between Sportsnet and the MLB Network.  MLB Network is now available in Canada, but is seemingly only available on Rogers Cable systems in eastern Canada.  There are no options available to baseball fans and Telus customers in western Canada who want to watch these playoff games.  

It would be like NHL Network having the rights to part of the hockey playoffs, but no one carried the channel, so the game couldn't be viewed.  

Please add MLB Network as soon as possible, before anymore playoff games are missed!  

Category:
Comments
ODAWG27
Connector

So what's the deal? Are we ever going to get MLB Network? 

ODAWG27
Connector

So...are we going to get MLB Network?!?!?!? Does anyone at Telus even look at this? A ton of people have been requesting the channel & it's the same ridiculous answer every time...just give us the channel, other company's in the country that unfortunately aren't available in Alberta have the channel so it makes no sense why we can't get it...

Community Power User
Community Power User

If you have a ROKU it's available with the MLB channel. It's not the ideal way to receive it but is one solution.

jasonmaksimow
Connector

So another season passes with no MLB Network on Telus.   In fact its not available in Alberta period.   Now that the playoffs have started we've come to the first of several games that are only available in Canada on the MLB Network.    Completely unacceptable that one of Canada's major TV providers continues to not provide this channel, yet continues to carry or expand its soccer offerings.     I'm not sure what the reason could be that Telus (or Shaw for that matter) would continue to deny its customers this channel.   I would happily switch back to Shaw but they don't carry MLB Network either.   Rogers is not an option.     So all we can do is continue to complain and beg Telus to consider the hundreds of thousands, if not millions of Baseball fans in Western Canada who would like the channel.   I'm sure it'd watched much more than something like ESPN Classic Canada.    The channel has been available in Canada for several years and it is unacceptable that it isn't available here.

ODAWG27
Connector

Another year of missing certain playoff games because Telus (& other western providers) refuse to get MLB Network....such a disappointment..channel has been available for a few years now and nothing has been done about it...if it was a hockey channel...

SportsGuy
Organizer

Telus, this is absolute garbage.  I started this thread TWO YEARS AGO.  Your customer service call centres has the audacity to call me to sell me more channels I don't want, yet the one that I would happily pay you money for you refuse to offer.  The upshot is that baseball fans in western Canada cannot watch playoff baseball games!

I already pay you a small fortune each year for television and Internet; the least you could do is actually offer channels people want to watch.  Considering some of the other garbage you have on your system, you can offer MLB Network so those of us who want to watch baseball can do so.  Seriously, you were faster to add the WWE Network!

My patience has run out.  You got a pass last year because Sportsnet ended up offering all the playoff games.  

I will be looking to move my services from Telus unless I see some movement on this matter.

SportsGuy
Organizer

If you are trying to watch the Giants-Cubs game today (Saturday, October 8, 2016) and have a MLB.tv or Postseason.tv subscription, the MLB Channel feed is available if you are outside of the United States.

c4443
Just Moved In

I've been watching this feed for a couple years and there never seems to be a response from Telus-  I don't care about extra innings or MLB tv I have them and know what they are. 

Please some info or answers from the your content team that you presented to a couple years ago would be great. Or just tell us it isn't going to happen.

ODAWG27
Connector

There never is a response...which makes this thread essentially useless. Why when baseball's popularity in this country is at an all time high, why isn't Telus or Shaw not capatilizing on it & getting the channel we all want!! MLB Network! 

jasonmaksimow
Connector

Telus -- any updates for us?   Another season will be starting in a few months.    We demand MLB Network.

ODAWG27
Connector

Today is a day why we need MLB Network...the baseball HOF inductees being announced would be nice to see...we also should be able to watch the draft which airs in June...please just get the channel. You will have a ton of happy customers. 

ODAWG27
Connector

Still nothing...this is crap. There is definitely a want/need for MLB Network in western Canada. Please get this channel!!!!!! 

Community Power User
Community Power User

Rogers applied for MLB bringing it to canada. I would imagine they would want a fair amount for a distribution deal. You can get MLB with ROKU and many other devices if you're a die hard fan. It's what i do and works flawlessly.

Somethings the Rogers Cartel just won't let go at any cost, it's one way they can retain customers.

jasonmaksimow
Connector

With respect to using ROKU - is it easy to set up to get MLB Network?   Or does it involving hacking the box, etc?  

Community Power User
Community Power User

@jasonmaksimow  Roku is a legal streaming box that provides content from many networks (crackle, YouTube, Netflix etc). It's as simple as downloading the channel from the roku store and subscribing. 

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/index.jsp?product=roku

How roku works

https://www.roku.com/en-ca/index

ODAWG27
Connector

I will be extremely disappointed if we have to go another year with no MLB Network. No excuses as to why we don't have it! I would really love a real answer as to why we don't have this channel. But unfortunately the likelihood of that happening is the same as Telus getting MLB Network. It ain't happening!...

Community Power User
Community Power User

@ODAWG27  Rogers owns the distribution rights and won't let any other company carry it easily..

As I stated above many other ways to get it..

IslandMike1
Just Moved In

Roku offers MLB.TV which isn't the same as MLB Network.  If I had an option to leave Telus in order to get MLB Network I would in a heartbeat.  C'mon Telus.  Get it done.

ODAWG27
Connector

Come on Telus! Get the channel! MTS & Videotron have it so I have no clue as to why you or Shaw can't get it. Just please make baseball fans out west happy and get the channel! If it was a hockey channel there would be no question as to whether or not you would get the channel. Come on! 

ODAWG27
Connector

Re: my last post...now Bell has MLB NETWORK...there now can Ben no excuse as to why Telus doesn't have it!