Sports Channels - Add MLB Network

SportsGuy
Organizer

The rights to Major League Baseball Playoffs seem to be shared between Sportsnet and the MLB Network.  MLB Network is now available in Canada, but is seemingly only available on Rogers Cable systems in eastern Canada.  There are no options available to baseball fans and Telus customers in western Canada who want to watch these playoff games.  

It would be like NHL Network having the rights to part of the hockey playoffs, but no one carried the channel, so the game couldn't be viewed.  

Please add MLB Network as soon as possible, before anymore playoff games are missed!  

Category:
  • TV Content
Comments
SportsGuy
Organizer

Hey Telus!

Here we are again, it's 2017 and still no MLB Network!  I see you are promoting the MLB Extra Innings Package, which looks like it has shown up on a free preview on my subscribed channels.  If you had the same deal they have in the United States, where a user could buy Extra Innings for their cable package and get MLB.tv for free, you would have had me as a customer!  Instead, you get none of that revenue.

I'm baffled that we have so many crap channels, but MLB Network doesn't get any attention, or even any responses anymore from this thread.  Bell, MTS, Videotron, have all figure this out.  What's your excuse?

ODAWG27
Connector

Cmon Telus!!! What are we waiting for! Just get the channel b/c when I can I wil be switching providers...

ODAWG27
Connector

Anything?!?!?!?....never get an answer on this thing, it's frustrating...

jasonmaksimow
Connector

I agree.  Is anyone from Telus reading this?   Has there been any discussion?   Have our concerns been passed on to the relevant people?

jasonmaksimow
Connector

Adding this channel is a real no-brainer, especially considering we have sport-specific channels for sports that are much less popular.

I mean Telus has recently added the IPL Cricket, and we STILL can't get MLB Network Canada??!  C'mon!