cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
giantbrownguy
Leader

It would be nice if I could log onto the Telus support page and see current service status in case there are outages. I know Apple does something similar for their cloud services (https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/). I've had some outage issues, and it would be nice to know if it's a widespread issue or related to my own services.

4 Comments
WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Service Status somewhat exists, although don’t expect a streamlined look (apple) as there are just to many communities to monitor. Most localized outages are reported above. (Although somewhat delayed till TELUS can post)

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Monitoring servers is far easier than monitoring individual connections. I doubt they currently have any way to easily differentiate between a line down versus a modem being simply unplugged or any other issue that would interrupt the connection. Same goes for phone service. I have yet to see any phone/tv/internet provider with an outage page that has a detailed outage information. I can only imagine that a savvy criminal would love something like that so they can tell which areas have no service.

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager