Remove all Sinclair owned TV stations from Telus's TV channels

edmiidz
Connector

Sinclair is proving to become one of the most evil propaganda outlets in the US, and the FCC is complicit.

Rather than waiting for the CRTC to take action, let's just ideate the hell out of Telus to have them remove Sinclair owned TV stations like KOMO-TV out of Seattle.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/04/12/fcc-declines-to-punish-sinclair-for-its-must-run-segments-and-scri...

https://www.facebook.com/Mediamatters/videos/10155645550991167/

Category:
0 Likes
Comments
mbp
Coach

Have you complained to the CRTC yet? If not, why not? The more complaints the CRTC gets, the more likely they are going to look into the issue. For best results you'd also want to get other Canadians to file CRTC complaints as well. The more, the better. Now whether or not the CRTC will actually remove KOMO's authorization remains to be seen. It very well may depend on the number of complaints they receive.

Also various Fox channels are still broadcast in Canada, and they are supposedly a big purveyor of news of questionable quality and accuracy. Are you looking to get those channels banned as well? Add them to the CRTC complaint you file if so.

Telus also has no control over the content on channels. If you want Telus to drop the only Sinclair channel they have and replace it with another ABC affiliate, you're more than welcome to suggest that but depending on the contract in place, that may not be possible right away. The only other western ABC affiliate that is authorized for broadcast by the CRTC currently is KXLY-TV Spokane. Be sure to include that in any recommendation you make.

Sinclair is proving to become one of the most evil propaganda outlets in the US, and the FCC is complicit. 

We all know the FCC leadership is not the most competent bunch of people. Do you watch US news from those channels? If not, what are your concerns regarding everything else they air outside of the news? Questionable and manipulative news articles are not limited to the USA. All Canadian broadcasters spouted a ton of misinformation when Bell's Fairplay initiative was being put forward, since the channels / parent companies all backed the initiative. Are you concerned about the Canadian evil as well, or just Sinclair?

Rather than waiting for the CRTC to take action, let's just ideate the hell out of Telus to have them remove Sinclair owned TV stations like KOMO-TV out of Seattle. 

Ideate? I think you may not quite have the correct word. (Ideate means to form an idea) Strongly suspecting inundate is the word you were looking for. You may be significantly overestimating the importance of the Sinclair issue in Canada since I doubt many Canadians ever watch KOMO news.

edmiidz
Connector

Thanks for the feedback. I feel people know what Fox News is, so when they watch it, it's like choosing to believe that the tooth-fairy is real. You sort of know you're lying to yourself. But the Sinclair issue is more deceptive, as you wouldn't  expect your local ABC or other channel to insert that kind of misinformation.  Your idea to replace KOMO with KXLY-TV Spokane is a good one. I at-mentioned CRTCeng on Twitter. 

Isn't Bell's Fairplay initiative just about stopping piracy? (please provide sources if possible)

The reason I used "ideate" is because this is not a discussion thread, it's an idea.

Community Power User
Community Power User

A bit more background on Sinclair for those who are not aware: