Reminders or Auto-Tune!

jennypurr
Connector

Telus Satellite has the option to set reminders to pop up and remind you when your program is starting, and/or auto-tune to the correct channel.  Please bring this to Optik TV as well!!

Category:
  • Home Services
Comments
carlod
Neighbour

I too would like the reminder option

Catlady
Just Moved In

Yes, please add this!!!!!!

KellyS1976
Just Moved In

I want this too

Saras
Just Moved In

Yes!

JRyan
Just Moved In

Why doesn't Optik have this?

ambert
Connector

Hi Jenny, Thanks very much for the fun suggestion. We'll send this along to the Optik TV product development team. - Amber

Status changed to: Under Review
jennypurr
Connector

Yay!  Fingers crossed!!  Smiley Happy  I keep missing my shows!  (Yes, I know I can record them, but I want to remember to watch when they're on!  Smiley Happy  )

ambert
Connector

Status changed to: Under Review
jhartley
Just Moved In

This would be awesome!

bjohnnie
Connector

Perhaps Optik can send an email or SMS to the viewer to remind them as well?

xjeepguy
Connector
Yep Optik needs auto tune . After being on satellite since the 90s and getting so used to it , its going to be a case for us , if it doesn't get added we'll be going back to the dish . The other issue that needs addressing is the guide , it would be wonderful to be able to scroll through without having to see the video for the channel as you scroll. It makes the guide slow , clunky and sometimes frustrating to use .
xjeepguy
Connector
Oh ya one more thing! For people with multiple tv's it would be nice if each stb had its own folder in the pvr.
ambert
Connector

Hi @jennypurr,

We've been exploring this feature and wanted to ensure you know that the Auto-tune was available for Optik TV PVR recording and also the notifications are available from the Optik Smart Remote App. 

Is there another specific function you were looking for these features to appear on? 

Thanks!

Amber

jennypurr
Connector

I didn't know that!!  And judging by the replies I'm guessing most others don't either!  How do I set autotune?  I don't see it anywhere.  I don't use (and don't particularly want to use) the app, but I may have to.  I was just wanting a simple way when browsing ahead in the guide and seeing something I would like to watch to be able to click "remind" so that a reminder pops up when the program is starting.  I don't want to have to record everything, I just want it to remind me that a show is starting.  We had that feature with cable and used it constantly, I really regret losing that Smiley Sad

jennypurr
Connector

Oh, I think I see what you mean... you just mean that the show will start to pvr whatever channel.  No, that is not what I'm looking for, or any of the others I'm guessing.  I just want a reminder that a show is starting.

jennypurr
Connector

I just searched "how to set reminders on Optik" on the forums and several other people have also posted asking for it 

JRyan
Just Moved In

I don't want to record the program, I want it to tell me that its starting like my cable did.  Instead of Record you just hit Remind. Optik should have that too.

Saras
Just Moved In

I agree!  I prefered cable because of this, sorry!

BEB
Resident

Telus Optik must be the ONLY provider that does not have the Auto Tune feature included in there software.  I should be very simple to add it.  When you select a future show on the Guide one of the options should be "auto tune" along with the record.

BEB
Resident

Telus Optik must be the ONLY provider that does not have the auto tune feature!!  When is it coming?