Reminders or Auto-Tune!

jennypurr
Connector

Telus Satellite has the option to set reminders to pop up and remind you when your program is starting, and/or auto-tune to the correct channel.  Please bring this to Optik TV as well!!

Category:
Comments
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Crunchy!

Thanks for your idea!

We're going to park this idea for consideration in upcoming releases. For now, reminder notifications can be set via Optik Smart remote.

Status changed to: New Idea
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jennypurr

Thanks for sharing your idea! We will be keeping this for future consideration with upcoming releases. At this time customers can use Optik Smart Remote to receive reminder notifications.

Status changed to: Hold For Future Consideration
Airjaw
Just Moved In
As a Telus TV subscriber, I want to be able to set my TV to switch or auto-tune to a different channel at a particular time or at the beginning of a new program.
Community Power User
Community Power User

This has been suggested previously.  You may want to add your vote to the earlier Idea for this feature. I miss it from earlier TV services, as well.

Community Manager
Community Manager

We have combined all of the ideas submitted for Reminders & Auto-Tune, and will be reviewing with our product team again. 

Status changed to: Under Review
jennypurr
Connector

It will be three years tomorrow since this was posted, could we please get an update as to whether or not this is ever going to happen?  The Telus reps keep saying that we can set reminders on our app, but that is not what we are looking for here.  We do not want to set a recording, we simply want reminder box to pop up on out tv screen when our chosen program is about to start (or our tv's to switch to the channel when our chosen program starts.)  Telus Satellite and many cable providers already do this.  As far as I can tell Telus Optik, which is supposed to be the best, is the only one that does not offer this feature!  Why?

jennypurr
Connector

Still no response Telus??

Georgetk
Organizer

As a new customer moving from Shaw Direct, please add my vote for this feature. I would like the Optik box to change channel automatically at a predetermined time that I have set. This should be done for "once", "daily", "weekly", or "M-F" to allow for as much flexibility as needed.