Reminders or Auto-Tune!

jennypurr
Connector

Telus Satellite has the option to set reminders to pop up and remind you when your program is starting, and/or auto-tune to the correct channel.  Please bring this to Optik TV as well!!

Category:
  • Home Services
Comments
jennypurr
Connector

Can we get an update on this hopefully?  There are obviously a lot of people that would like this feature.

jonathanhowes
Just Moved In

I would also like the Auto-Tune feature as it exists on Telus and Bell Satellite

Ideally each STB could store its own reminders, so that I can just turn on my TV in the kitchen in the morning and its already tuned to the news.

Or when my kids come home they can turn on the set in the basement and its ready to roll with their kids channels

There must be hundreds / thousands of customers who would really appreciate this feature to be added

ambert
Connector

Status changed to: New Idea
ambert
Connector

Hi @BEB 

Thanks so much for taking the time to submit. This Idea was also submitted by another Optik TV subscriber over the summer. We'd very much like to keep all of the feedback under one Idea so we can properly track it. Please feel free to add  your Kudos and Comments to @jennypurr idea about Auto Tune.

We look forward to seeing more awesome ideas from you in the future!

Amber

BEB
Resident

There seems to be confusion with exactly what the "autotune" feature is judging by the response from Telus.  Autotune just allows you to go to a program on the guide that has not yet started and by setting "autotune" your tv will change channels when the show starts.  It would be another choice under "Record Episode", "Record Series" which could be selected.

jennypurr
Connector

Exactly.  We don't care about the recordings, we just want either a "reminder" to pop up elling us our show is about to start, or "autotune" to turn the channel there to start it.  Telus Satellite has it and cable has it, why doesn't Optik since it's supposed to be THE choice these days?   

jennypurr
Connector

Hello telus?  We haven't had an update since August on this?

jennypurr
Connector

Helloooooo?  Smiley Sad

jennypurr
Connector

I posted in July about the possibility of having auto-tune or reminders added, and back in August it was switched to Under Review and a Telus rep asked a few questions, but nothing has been said since!  Can we please get some kind of response?  I absolutely understand these things take time, we'd all just like to know if it's even being considered!

Thanks!

http://bhzof35755.lithium.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/Ideas_TEST/article-id/254/page/1#comments

ambert
Connector

Hi @jennypurr 

Sorry for the delay in responding to you. We hear you on this idea and are still reviewing the product development road map before we can provide any details on when a feature like this might become available on Optik tV..

While we currently don't have any timelines on this feature, your point about people not knowing about the Optik on the Go reminders is a great one. That's why our team is in the middle of creating a helpful blog post that will give people a step by step guide for how to set these reminders up. I'll be sure to send you the link when it's live and will definitely keep you posted on.

Thank you so much for your great ideas!

Amber

ambert
Connector

ambert
Connector

Hi @jennypurr 

Sorry for the delay in responding to you. We hear you on this idea and are still reviewing the product development road map before we can provide any details on when a feature like this might become available on Optik tV..

While we currently don't have any timelines on this feature, your point about people not knowing about the Optik on the Go reminders is a great one. That's why our team is in the middle of creating a helpful blog post that will give people a step by step guide for how to set these reminders up. I'll be sure to send you the link when it's live and will definitely keep you posted on.

Thank you so much for your great ideas!

Amber

jennypurr
Connector

Thank you!  Just wanted to know it hadn't been forgotten!  Smiley Happy

ambert
Connector

Status changed to: Requires Evaluation
ambert
Connector

Crunchy
Just Moved In

What you should be able to do is search the guide and when you select a TV show, set a Reminder that will alert you right before it starts.  Also you want to add a feature that when you select a show you can scheduel the TV box to automatically switch to that channel.

IE.  A person who sleeps with the TV on at night, wants to schedeul the box to change channels to their favorite shows without having to manually do it. 

rick1
Connector

Good idea,also add a little more accuracy on programming. How about New instead of first run.

Check out Zap2it for a little help.

Jacynthe
Just Moved In

On satellite tv, there is an auto-tune/reminder feature.  It is helpful with so many channels.  Optik TV needs this.

I used to pre-program what i wanted to watcg for the night.  Now I miss the beginning of shows because I have to search the guide each time.

Please add an auto-tune / reminder feature to Optik TV. 

Thanks

JanetD
Just Moved In

Please add this feature. I want to be able to program my night of TV

Jacynthe
Just Moved In

Now that we have come into 2016, I was wondering if we are any closer on the auto tune/reminder feature?

I have 15 channel packs...and I miss the start of shows because I have to keep finding them in the guide.  I don't want to record them, just have a reminder or have the box automatically tune to the channel at the start of the show.  That way I can plan out my whole night in advance. 

All of my previous providers had this option and I am not sure why with 100s of channels to go through Telus doesn't it.

Thank you.