Recording scheduling improvements

Punky
Just Moved In

As a new subscriber, having switched from a different provider, i find some features lacking ... for example rather than recordings being determined by channel, they should be determined by show and episode  Eg, if i want to record new big bang theory in hd, i simply select that show from the search function or channel guide and indicate to record new and hd.  The pvr then slots each episode in from any of the subscribed channels taking into account recording conflicts and scheduling changes.

I don't need to worry if an individual show is moved to a different time slot as the pvr updates it or moves the recording to a different channel.   If the recording doesn't complete properly, it then auto scedules a rerecord of the show at a different time.  

In addition to the smart record features i cld still manual record, or pick a specific channel to record the series from if i wanted.

Once a show or episode is set to record on one channel or timeslot, an indicator shows on the guide on any other versions of that show so that you can tell its already in your pvr list. (Example below..the little circle with a line tells me its being recorded on another channel or at a different time)20170909_141843-01.jpeg

Category:
Comments
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Another good idea, @Punky. Smiley Happy I've sent it along to the Optik team.

Status changed to: Under Review
Punky
Just Moved In

thanks so much, @Scoto  

Chocolatte
Just Moved In

I'm fairly new to Optik TV and would luv to see this happen.  There are some nice features on Optik that I didn't have with my previous service.  Having said that I'm spending way too much time trying to schedule shows and think this would be a huge improvement, bringing Optik TV closer in line with what has been available with other providers for some time now.

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hey @Chocolatte. Glad to hear you're liking some of the new features on Optik. I've added your support for the scheduling idea.