RCS and smart replies for Android messages

Mathieu
Connector
Hi, please release and enable RCS aka chat and also the smart replies within Android messages! I can't believe that all other major carriers did release those 2 features but Telus didn't yet.
Category:
Comments
mikaturta
Resident

Thank you! Hope the roll out won't take ages. Still not available for my phone.

GreenFly
Just Moved In

Yep. Pixel 2 over here and still saying features are not available from your provider. Except a brief moment a couple months back where I was able to enable but that quickly disappeared. I'm wondering if that may have thrown my Fitbit notifications off as I can receive all except SMS text notifications on the watch

Rayrayjjk
Just Moved In

I have the pixel 2xl and 3xl and the wife has the 3 and we all have it, enable wifi calling...

Rayrayjjkk
Resident

I have RCS on all my Telus phones, Samsung s9plus, Huawei p30pro,pixel 2xl,3xl and normal pixel 3,I think it's the area or something,I was running the beta program on all my pixel phones to but it was the Huawei to get it first..

xtess3ractx
Just Moved In

@Rayrayjjkk Ok, but were the phones purchased through Telus though? If they weren't are they models that Telus sells as well?

Rayrayjjk
Just Moved In

Yes, 3 of the 5 were from Telus,the pixel 3,pixel 3xl and Huawei p30 pro but the pixel 2xl and Samsung s9 plus where not and they all have it,I'm setting it up right now on my wife's phone because she's getting the android 10 update,I had my pixel 3xl and 2xl on the Google beta program.

xtess3ractx
Just Moved In

@Rayrayjjk That's why they all have it, because they're models that Telus offered or offers. My phone is not. Even though RCS is baked directly into android Telus have refused to register devices not on their list. Even though I can pop a bell sim card in, restart phone and have all RCS features enabled. As well as VoLTE and wifi calling.

Rayrayjjk
Just Moved In

Ya i have friends on Telus that don't have it to and are considering moving there services to Bell or Rogers I keep asking them if they got it.