Porting Security

Just Moved In
I keep reading about number porting scams (https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/family-farm-port-out-scam-1.5443580). Telus should add “disable porting” as an option in the ‘My Telus’ app. If toggled ‘on’ the port request would simply be ignored.
Comments
Guardian

I contacted Telus and had them put a note in my account indicating that they need to call me on another number to confirm any number Port or SIM swap request. Unfortunately there's no way of knowing whether they will actually do this until a request is made.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@mcleod Thanks for your idea. After we shared your idea internally, we found this had already been identified as an opportunity. Our teams have already taken steps to reduce fraudulent ports, and is already working towards a more permanent solution. 

For now, you can request to disable porting through a TELUS representative by calling *611 from your device, or 1-866-558-2273. 

As we have existing initiatives underway, this idea will be closed. We look forward to getting other great ideas from you. 

Status changed to: Closed